Money Making Tips
Blogging Tips – What to Do When Your Tactic Is Not Working?
Table of Contents
When we think of famous bloggers, the first thing that probably comes to mind is engaging and useful content. However, the bad news is that even if your publications are really captivating, they will never reach the audience if you use the wrong tactics.
Of course, effective promotion is an important step toward monetizing content. Luckily, there are many simple yet working strategies to follow. Read on to find out how to be a successful blogger even if your past efforts have not paid off.
Before We Start
You’ve probably heard about bloggers that gave up soon after not reaching the desired results. However, the first thing beginners should keep in check is their expectations. Blogging is not a get-rich-quick business. It’s a job that takes time, effort, patience, and a willingness to experiment. Thus, there will be plenty of things to remember, starting from the competitor analysis, SEO promotion, results evaluation, etc.
We recommend keeping a diary so that you always have a to-do list at hand and analyze your progress. And if you catch yourself thinking that you can’t handle all the workload, here’s the solution for you. Outsource your homework to EssayPro writers to save time and effort on school tasks. With the support of experienced professionals, your papers will perfectly match the teachers’ expectations, and you will be able to devote more energy to blogging and business related to it.
If you don’t know the destination, how will you reach it? Blogging without defined KPIs is a blind game.
KPIs are more than the numbers you look at in Google Analytics once a week. They allow you to understand whether your project is fruitful and make adjustments to your strategy.
Here are the main PKIs you should consider:
- The total number of visits to your site. Compare weekly and monthly data. Try to learn why the traffic increases or decreases;
- The most popular publications by the number of views. Perhaps the article contained a video or more photos?
- Average page view time. This is a great indicator of engagement and content relevance;
- Traffic channels. Study where users come from;
- New and returning visitors.
1. Choose The Best Platform For Your Blog
Consider working with a content management system (CMS). This will allow you to make publications quickly and without significant investments. Some of the most popular engines are WordPress, Joomla and Drupal. They already contain all the necessary features for search engine optimization, are super easy to use and offer great design solutions. Also, pay attention to page loading speed – this is a key indicator that Google considers when determining the site’s ranking in search.
2. Optimize Your Content
If you want Google to reward your blog with high positions in search results, you must:
- Make sure your content isn’t spammed;
- Think the meta title through. Add the most important keyword you want to be found for in the meta tag. Use a 70-80 character title – this is the optimal size;
- As for description, the best size for this meta tag is 150-160 characters, and it should be relevant to the content on the page. Also, be free to use keywords;
- Don’t forget about linking. Provide internal links to other articles to promote your content;
- The heading structure should be well-thought-out. Show Google and users which elements are more or less important using H1, H2 and H3 page layouts;
- Optimize images. Reducing the file size will improve site performance and speed up page load time.
3. Conduct Сompetitor Аnalysis
What does your site offer that others don’t? What distinguishes you from them?
Pay attention to the topics that other bloggers choose, the formats they prefer and how users react to them.
Knowing such things, you’ll highlight:
- Free niches that you can use for your promotion;
- Gaps in topics that readers are most interested in;
- Topics that haven’t been covered yet.
4. Know Your Target Audience
Many bloggers try to get everyone’s attention. Yes, this may bring some benefits in terms of incoming traffic, but this approach is inefficient in the long run.
The most crucial step is to content creation based on the key pressure points, it helps to reach your target audience. Realizing how your readers live allows you to find out what’s vital to them and how to make your blog resonate with their values. Considering all this, you’ll quickly choose the best promotion tool (be it a giveaway, contest, an Instagram live, etc.).
5. Don’t Forget About Guest Posts
Visits generated from links posted on other sites are a goldmine for bloggers. It’s really worth fighting for such traffic, and you can do it in two ways:
- Reach out to other bloggers and offer them to create content for their site in exchange for an active link to your blog;
- Allow third-party authors to be published on your site.
Both ways are truly effective, as you also strengthen relations with people who are authoritative in the industry.
6. Adapt Content For Other Platforms
You don’t have to create content from scratch for every marketing channel you use. Why not create checklists, infographics and presentations based on what you already have? Video and audio podcasts come into play too.
As you can see, there are many ways to use the same content, just use your imagination.
7. Engage With Your Audience
The more you involve the audience in the dialogue, the better feedback you get. If you have a blog on WordPress website or a similar platform, don’t forget to enable commenting on articles. Be sure to respond to your readers! This way, you’ll show that their opinion is valuable to you, and also stimulate their desire to visit your site in the future.
Ask your audience questions, help your blog readers feel seen and heard! People adore it when they are given a chance to share their thoughts and ideas, and this is a great opportunity for you to get insights. This approach also helps to get to know your target audience and understand what people want from you.
8. Use Paid Promotion
When it comes to how to promote your blog, we all face the fact that getting high organic traffic is way harder now. So, why not try paid promotion? The choice is quite large: Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, Twitter Ads are just some of the most popular tools.
To Wrap It Up
Without a well-thought-out marketing strategy, it is difficult for a blog to grow and generate a steady flow of readers. Keep in mind that it can take several weeks or months before you notice an increase in your traffic and search engine positions. But don’t be discouraged: analyzing KPIs and users’ feedback will help you to modify your strategy if needed and achieve better results.